
...I started at my new job this week. I must say, I enjoy this as well as dread it. The endless changing school and moving home episodes in my childhood left me with this ambivalence towards adaption. I always look forward to being around new people, finding out about them, getting first impressions crushed or confirmed. And I love roaming new places with something unexpected around every corner.
But on the other hand, I hate chit-chat, and jeez, there is so much of that at a new work place. Everybody asks the exact same question, and although I vary my answers a little here and there, it remains the same. And getting lost over and over again, taking the extra long way home and getting exhausted just getting to the supermarked, is a little annoying.
In the end, it is a good mixture of both joy and annoyance, curiosity and exhaustion when starting over at a new place. Having the softest start into a new job ever by doodling about the first two days and then going on a study-trip for the rest of the week, I´m pretty lucky. It makes it so much easier getting to know everyone, remembering names (nothing is more horrible than using all the wrong names all the time) and building a network for the coming months.
And being in Arendal now for my first week, I´m excited about getting out in the field, driving around, and starting my real work ;-).
Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar